ID Brachy please

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Is it 3” or less ? Looks like it was correctly sold to you as a tig... pretty fragile at this size, but a b. Tigrinus none the less... takes a while to get the pattern and for the snout to “look right”/elongated.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Yes he’s very small. Oky awesome! He’s eating great! Only issue is he only takes blood worms for now.
Almost commented about that fat belly in pic 2 ??? lol... nice work man... let em digest before u pack em full again, they can explode... but keep up the good work ? . Getting a “micro machine” to eat is half the battle. Good u didnt have to mess with feeders either. Should turn onto mysis easy then onto shrimp down the road. Fed all my “micro machines” mysis/frozen at first also ur right on track.

tvbbnumber41

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Over the rainbow
Almost commented about that fat belly in pic 2 ??? lol... nice work man... let em digest before u pack em full again, they can explode... but keep up the good work ? . Getting a “micro machine” to eat is half the battle. Good u didnt have to mess with feeders either. Should turn onto mysis easy then onto shrimp down the road. Fed all my “micro machines” mysis/frozen at first also ur right on track.
OKay awesome, that was going to be my next question. Mysis shrimp it is! Also, have you heard about a recent ban or strict limit on tigrinus imports? That's what the owner at my LFS said. I was getting worried because I love these fish and was thinking about picking up another juvenile if that was really the case.

Reactions: wednesday13

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
OKay awesome, that was going to be my next question. Mysis shrimp it is! Also, have you heard about a recent ban or strict limit on tigrinus imports? That's what the owner at my LFS said. I was getting worried because I love these fish and was thinking about picking up another juvenile if that was really the case.
Haven’t heard anything about that... they seem to come in by the hundreds at this size from some vendors quite regularly ??‍♂... might just b a marketing ploy lol... if u got it for $70-100 thats pretty fair and 2 never hurts ?... in general most brachys dont really like each other, trial and error as always tho.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

tvbbnumber41

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Over the rainbow
Haven’t heard anything about that... they seem to come in by the hundreds at this size from some vendors quite regularly ??‍♂... might just b a marketing ploy lol... if u got it for $70-100 thats pretty fair and 2 never hurts ?... in general most brachys dont really like each other, trial and error as always tho.
LOL try tripling that price. I know I paid a little bit too much but I used mostly store credit, but alright I'll refrain from doing so at the moment. Thanks for the input!

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I'd probably agree with Weds on the ID.

Baby tigs under 2"-3" don't have stripes yet but some other unclear or spotty pattern, or sometimes no pattern at all.

The cheapest I bought tigs at was $125 and $150 before shipping. That was 5 years ago last time.

There are two schools of thought on feeding tigs crustaceans. I don't claim to to know the answers. I merely choose not to feed mine any crustaceans. If you do, you will have to compensate for the thiaminase issues by preasoaking or stuffing pellets.

I've heard of "tig shortage" rumors 1, 2, and 3 years ago. FWIW.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store