ID Please? :)

jpatz18

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2006
Melbourne
messiner;492248; said:
you need to get your facts right milk. tilapia ar not illegal, they are introduced. and atlantic stingrays, the ones you see in fl, are not illegal to sell or have and are native fish. they are mainly a SW fish and swim up the river systems where they are caught.
:ROFL:
SPECIAL NOTE – Possession and transport of live tilapia in Florida is illegal without a special permit (except blue tilapia); can only be possessed if dead, so anglers wanting to eat this fish should immediately place them on ice.
Taken from FWC!
Since they are "not illegal":ROFL:

landmineyouth

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
North Miami
www.djrobriggs.com
Well his canal is full of these things, that and ghost shrimp, I definately saw some bigger ones about 6"... but I still dont seem to have a definite consensus that this is indeed a tilapia, should I take more pics? See if I can get a better close up? Wheres all my hardcore experts at?!?

landmineyouth

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2005
North Miami
www.djrobriggs.com
Im pretty much in agreement that this is what I indeed have (see post above), now my question is this...

These things are obviouslly gonna get pretty big, and there already in a 30 gallon with 5 angelfish... what do I do when they get TOO big? I cant RE-RELEASE them to the wild can I? I mean... isnt that, wrong?

discusfreak2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
cape coral, florida
theyre cichlasoma uropthamlus or false red terrors, way too common in fl, i use em as feeders

if allowed, theyll get about 10-12" for males and 8-10" for females
but theyll breed around 4-5"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store