Id Please

Far2lively

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
London, England
I personally think it looks more like a lucius in petereks pictures, im no expert though

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I personally think it looks more like a lucius in petereks pictures, im no expert though
After seeing the new pics, I'm almost positive they are Bankanensis. They have a mottled look on the back. They look alot like mine when it was very small.

Edit:
Also, I believe Peterek's fish are Bankanensis.

Far2lively

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2012
London, England
After seeing the new pics, I'm almost positive they are Bankanensis. They have a mottled look on the back. They look alot like mine when it was very small.

Edit:
Also, I believe Peterek's fish are Bankanensis.
ahh well they look identical to petereks ones dont you agree?? so if so they must e bankanensis if your positive??

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
I bought my banka and lucius at the same time and I have a pic them all together in my QT tank. I'll try to post it tonight if I can find it.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
The reason I say they're Bankanensis is because the channa has many spots, and they're small spots. Bankanensis has around double the spots. Also, Lucius has dark markings on the head and back, where Bankanensis has light markings on the head and back.
I'm no expert, just telling the differences I see in my own fish.

You can see my Bankanensis on the left (flexing hard), and the Lucius on the right. Sorry, it's a bad pic, but good enough that you can see what I mean. The pic is from my quarantine tank on the day I got them at about 2".

P1040719.JPG

P1040719.JPG

Tabby7

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2012
London/Bangalore
Good discussion guys. But conclusively, this is Channa bankanensis as mentioned earlier.

Spence, make the tank a little brown please. :)

Cheers,
Tabby

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store