ID please...

Bathi

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2017
Thank you for valuable info. :):):).
Im planning to keep them with group of tiger barbs..letz see then..:)

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Thank you for valuable info. :):):).
Im planning to keep them with group of tiger barbs..letz see then..:)
I’ve never kept tiger barbs so as you said, see how it goes... also make sure that whatever you get doesnt pick on your puffer while its still small and you should be okay ;)

Reactions: Bathi

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
yes..another month he is in 20 gallon tank..
So are you planning on constantly moving him to larger tanks as your puffer grows???

The reason i ask, is because when young they are still fairly easy to transport from tank to tank, but as they get older and bigger, its harder to transfer them without risking them gulping in air...

So my suggestion would be once he gets large enough for its final tank, maybe 6”-9”, i would place him / her in there and leave them there to grow up (unless there are other predators which can still get to your puffer even at that size)...

Reactions: Glenn238

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
So are you planning on constantly moving him to larger tanks as your puffer grows???

The reason i ask, is because when young they are still fairly easy to transport from tank to tank, but as they get older and bigger, its harder to transfer them without risking them gulping in air...

So my suggestion would be once he gets large enough for its final tank, maybe 6”-9”, i would place him / her in there and leave them there to grow up (unless there are other predators which can still get to your puffer even at that size)...
Yes I've made this mistake. I would move at 6 max. Really sucks to move one much above that. Moving any puff over 4" is a royal pain and the beak is no joke

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Yes I've made this mistake. I would move at 6 max. Really sucks to move one much above that. Moving any puff over 4" is a royal pain and the beak is no joke
Fully agree, at that size they are already very strong fish when they thrash around, so the last thing you’d want is one dropping onto the floor with their scaleless bodies...

Gorillawill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2019
I have my Fahaka in with some tiger barbs and a rainbow shark..... there all quick enough to get away from old Bruce but the rainbow I can see will probably meet him in a corner sooner or later. I’m glad you guys gave a good time on when to move him to a bigger tank because he’s growing super fast since I’ve gotten him and I didn’t want a super small puffer in a 125 till he was able to manuver and handle his surroundings!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store