ID?

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
This guy came in with a group of stiphodons, does it look like a lentipes species?

IMG_2826.jpeg

IMG_2825.jpeg

IMG_2821.jpeg

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
It is micropredator type of goby.Mine refused frozen food.It was quite agressive fish.Small worms were best food for this fish.

Reactions: tlindsey

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
Here in Europe, there are always mixed shipments of these sicyopus with stiphodon species... although I also ordered only 4 stiphodons.But i got in box 3 stiphodons and 1 fish was this sicyopus.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Here in Europe, there are always mixed shipments of these sicyopus with stiphodon species... although I also ordered only 4 stiphodons.But i got in box 3 stiphodons and 1 fish was this sicyopus.
I have noticed it’s much more aggressive than the stiphodons. I’m actually starting a Walter worm culture today for my other micro predators, so hopefully he likes those.
Thanks for the info!

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
I have kept all my syciopterus and stiphodon in tanks with nice algae covered rocks.
if you don't have, put some rocks in covered transparent container outside in the sun for a few days. Seed it with tank mulm and let nature go ape.

Syciopterus seem to be a lot more aggressive than stiphs but do mellow a little as they establish boundaries to territories

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I have kept all my syciopterus and stiphodon in tanks with nice algae covered rocks.
if you don't have, put some rocks in covered transparent container outside in the sun for a few days. Seed it with tank mulm and let nature go ape.

seem to be a lot more aggressive than stiphs but do mellow a little as they establish boundaries to territories
Thanks!
Actually algae is going crazy in this tank, I seeded it, added some Seachem flourish and run a high powered reef light all day. I will be putting a normal light on once I know the algae will continue without it tho

Reactions: cockroach
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store