Ideas for Interesting Background BEHIND Tank

The Mule

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
NYC
Anybody ever set up some 3D decor (driftwood, plants, etc) BEHIND an aquarium with a clear back? A tank I recently set up currently has just a clear glass back and plenty of room behind it to put some stuff (maybe some tall pieces of driftwood). Seems like it might look interesting and I’ll likely give it a try. Curious to see if anyone else has done this and if they have pics… If so, I’d love to see!

Reactions: Deadeye

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
if its a internal background you could use this

The Mule

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
NYC
I mean behind the tank. On the outside, visible through the back glass.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Would look good to put some houseplants behind it and give a jungle vibe, or some rocks and wood.
All my tanks are in front of walls/windows, so if there isn’t a background, that’s all I get.

Reactions: eon aquatics

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
I crush some recycled brown packing paper and then flatten them a bit giving it some cracks and crevices then I attach it on the back wall behind the aquarium. Sometimes I twist some and add them at a few places giving a branch type look .
My tanks are very dimly lit ( I use a 4w bulb on a 90g ?) so it forms dark shaded area due to the foldings and it looks kinda cool.

The Mule

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
NYC
Would look good to put some houseplants behind it and give a jungle vibe, or some rocks and wood.
All my tanks are in front of walls/windows, so if there isn’t a background, that’s all I get.
This is what I was thinking - driftwood in particular to enhance the illusion of depth. Plants is a good idea too, actually.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store