IDEAS FOR SOLITARY FISH IN 300 GAL Salt FOWLR

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
HI I just wanted to get some ideas on a solitary fish for my 300 gal 8'x2'. I was thinking aggressive but if there are other suggestions, that would be great, Tank will also have a 125gal sump with skimmer and all. ALL Ideas would be great

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Lumpsucker or maybe a goosefish. You might even be able to keep both.

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
Im thinking either a Queen Trigger or titan trigger. or just do a Queen or Emperor Angel. The one fish I choose will be by his self in this aquarium

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol....Undulated trigger,especially if you want to make sure that it remains a solitary tank.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Do they get big? I just really want 1 15-18" fish swimming in this tank with attitude
It's been a while since I kept them but I'm almost certain they get to at least twelve inches.
I was actually given two undulateds years ago at a pet store.They were turned in by someone and the shopkeeper just wanted to be rid of them....we had a good rapport so he gave them to me.I winded up having to keep them in separate tanks as they fought like gladiators,eventhough one was much bigger than the other.They tolerated no other fish in their tanks.....nastiest salt fish I ever kept.

Reactions: J. H. and tlindsey

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
It's been a while since I kept them but I'm almost certain they get to at least twelve inches.
I was actually given two undulateds years ago at a pet store.They were turned in by someone and the shopkeeper just wanted to be rid of them....we had a good rapport so he gave them to me.I winded up having to keep them in separate tanks as they fought like gladiators,eventhough one was much bigger than the other.They tolerated no other fish in their tanks.....nastiest salt fish I ever kept.
Damn lol I just want a show fish , the queen Trigger looks amazing and gets big also, Triggers are like cichlids I had a Clown trigger 5 years agao and he was like a dovii as far as personality

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Damn lol I just want a show fish , the queen Trigger looks amazing and gets big also, Triggers are like cichlids I had a Clown trigger 5 years agao and he was like a dovii as far as personality
I had a Queen trigger among others...I was really into triggers years ago

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store