ideas on how to stop this? Eel in filter....

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Wolf3101;1277504; said:
Eels of all types IME love places to hide and are attracted to current. Provideing a few more intresting places to hide might help to keep them out of your filtration system.

i 'm gonna try this cause i put up this grate and his ass still gets in there....

i have this little cheesy cave thing...

its been like 5/7 days hes ends up in there....

100_4866.jpg

100_4863.jpg

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
well, i put prefilter sponges of the intake tubs so that nothing can get by..

with those grates he still made it though..

after putting up the sponges he went in once and has not gone back since, its like he knows hes not getting anywhere

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
WolfFisho1;1287619; said:
put egg crate up on all the sides! egg crate is amazing!and make sure the top of the egg crate is reasonably higher than the waters surface.
yea thats what he made it though

Silven

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2006
North of you
Bderick67;1262776; said:
What type overflow do you have?

I had to resuce my 16" tt eel from a peguin 350 filter the other night. Luckly I had a large rock on the filter so it was unable to get out. I have since removed the filter(was just on there to cycle) I do still have two AC110 though.
That's funny you should say that. I just got a Tire Track Eel yesterday and today I couldn't find it. I noticed that there was a lot of loose filter type sediment floating around my tank, so I decided to clean my 2 AC110's. Well I was quite sad when I found him in there under the sponge looking dead. The thing is he wasn't and as soon as I removed the sponge off the basket he proceded to wriggle his stupid little suicidal self down into the garborator and down the drain. Calling these guys escape artists is a severe understatement. :cry:

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
moved his ass to a 55g until he grows fatter than the grates on the OF box...

ecuacura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
Raleigh, NC
My little bastard wont stop swimming up into my piggyback filter. I've dropped water level, built caves, EVERYTHING! What the hell! I can't wait until she is too big for this!

J

WolfFisho1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ecuacura;1458751; said:
My little bastard wont stop swimming up into my piggyback filter. I've dropped water level, built caves, EVERYTHING! What the hell! I can't wait until she is too big for this!

J
get a prefilter sponge for it, create a plexi-glass box over the tube, and drill a ton of 1/4-1/2 inch holes so that he cant fit!

ecuacura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2007
Raleigh, NC
WolfFisho1;1459262; said:
get a prefilter sponge for it, create a plexi-glass box over the tube, and drill a ton of 1/4-1/2 inch holes so that he cant fit!
Nah dude... she's swimming up the outtake. Not the intake tube. My mom had a peacock eel I gave her swim up the intake tube. It was pureed eel. My little girl is swimming where the water is put back in the tank and then hiding under the sponge!

J

WolfFisho1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
ecuacura;1462283; said:
Nah dude... she's swimming up the outtake. Not the intake tube. My mom had a peacock eel I gave her swim up the intake tube. It was pureed eel. My little girl is swimming where the water is put back in the tank and then hiding under the sponge!

J
WTH!? put a prefilter there too!?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store