Identification for my fh.

KarkiPratik

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2019
Hello guys i got him a week back. Could someone identify him for me what straain is he??
Also im feeding him okiko platinum and six-seven. He is about 3.6i inches. He gets spooked somtimes and sometimes he doesnt. He poops whitte rarely like oncee every 2 days but other than that his poop is fine (am i supposed to be scared for internal parasites?). He eats normal.

IMG_20190324_232808.jpg

Attachments

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
That's a ZZ Red Dragon. He's young and new to tank, he'll relax more later and become more confident too if you keep good water parameters (with about 30-50% weekly water changes). By your description it's indeed possible if not likely he has some internal parasites -- in fact many will say every new Flowerhorn should be de-wormed with appropriate med.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Tough to identify if you dont know what the parents were. He looks great with those strong pearls and red on his face. Before you go using epsom salt or medicine to deworm him I would change his food. Okiko platinum has wayyyyyyyyy to much protein and I have found many of my flowerhorn shedding the lining of their stomachs, aka pooping white, when eating that food. Get him some Fluval Bug Bites Cichlid Formula, Northfin, Hikari Bio Gold Plus(blue and silver bag), or Grand Sumo Food. These are the only 4 brands I feed to my flowerhorn and I have been keeping these fish for nearly 20 years.

KarkiPratik

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2019
Tough to identify if you dont know what the parents were. He looks great with those strong pearls and red on his face. Before you go using epsom salt or medicine to deworm him I would change his food. Okiko platinum has wayyyyyyyyy to much protein and I have found many of my flowerhorn shedding the lining of their stomachs, aka pooping white, when eating that food. Get him some Fluval Bug Bites Cichlid Formula, Northfin, Hikari Bio Gold Plus(blue and silver bag), or Grand Sumo Food. These are the only 4 brands I feed to my flowerhorn and I have been keeping these fish for nearly 20 years.
Hmm alright thanks for the infos. Will get the other pellets! ikr he looks so good with the pearls and red especially when i keep a mirror he makes his finsss widee open and more colorss!! Hes cool cant wait to make him bigger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store