Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
This thread is just to give you a generalization for IDing some of the more common pikes. Certain geographical variants, and the age of the pikes may affect the appearance of the pikes, so use this as a guide line, not an absolute...as they may vary from pike to pike. If anyone has any additional pictures of pikes or comments they would like to add to the list please email them to me at: offspring_xtrme@hotmail.com Be sure to put something about Crenicichla in the subject. I am gonna leave this thread closed as I just wanted the posts with the species to keep it at as low of clutter as possible for quick reference. Thankz!

Crenicichla johanna:
They have a very prominent lateral band, which makes this fish appear as if it lacks a humeral blotch (shoulder spot) and caudal spot (tail spot). There is usually a red horizontal band above the lateral band in adults. Its nostril is placed uniquely for a lugubris group pike - almost touching the upper lip. Also, some morphs have a blunt or flattened lower jaw/lip, as if the fish ran into the glass of the aquarium very fast! There is no mistaking this fish for any other pike cichlid.

2095.jpg

crenicichla_johanna.jpg

crenicichla_johanna_peru_wf.jpg

crenicichla_johanna_x.jpg

crenicichla_johannar.jpg

crenjohanna.jpg

images.jpg

Dscamera098.jpg

IMG_0673.JPG

Picture_0036.jpg

Reactions: 1 2many
Status