Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
Was .5 ounces off of state record green sunfish a few years back

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Where do you catch these fish? Most look to be in man-made ponds in a neighborhood. Nice catches though.

MultispeciesTamer

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Michigan
MasterB;3831137; said:
Very good. I just got the IGFA news letter and I'm in there, finally. Last year, well, 2008, I caught a 43lb Grass Carp on 2lb test, but the line tested to high, it averaged out at 2.8 and needed to be 2.5lbs or lower to qualify. I smashed the current record of 20+ lbs, hope to get it this year with Ande line. I have another SLCR coming soon for the last channel in KY, then I'm working on the smallmouth and a few LM entries, this gona chase the Grass Carp WLC Records again. Last year I tied the KY state record for Green sunfish at 1.5lb, came within 3 oz of breaking the warmouth record, and few pounds from state record grass carp till it was broken last year. My biggest to date is 47lbs. Here are a few photos.

1.5 LB Green Sunfish

2.8lb Smallie

45LB Grassy

43lb Grassy on 2lb test

3+lb Smallie, Current IGFA State Line Class Record

Momma Snappy

15lb Channel

Mirror Carp

47lb Grassy

41lb Grassy

20lb Channel - Current IGFA State Line Class Record 4lb test

Goldy - I think I caught the Worlds Longest Goldfish, either with this one or the other one. One was over 18", more like 20"+ and according to the GBWR, the longest is 18". But I need to verify it 100% this year.

I rescued a bat that fell into the pond

Rough looking carp

Another one

IGFA Certified Scale

12lb 4 oz Channel - Current IGFA State Line Class Record

Another Monster, my hand is just a tad or 8" long, you can see how long he is

Last Goldy of the year, this one is different than the first. There is one in there thats white and gold with blue eyes, cant wait to catch her.

IGFA Certs

Another Mirror

And another

Carp were caught on bread, Cats on Gills and Veggie dogs and bread
Your 1.5 pound green apears to be a hybrid green gill, it dosnt have all the features of a green. It has a long ear flap as a bluegill would, it is shaped like a bluegill, it is missing the black dot on the soft dorsal fin. Still a very nice sunfish but a green I think not.

Tstove15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
Smokey Dungeon
spotfin;3832769; said:
Where do you catch these fish? Most look to be in man-made ponds in a neighborhood. Nice catches though.
ya is this a private pond or antyhing? or stocked?

fhawk362

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2009
Royal palm beach, FL
Nice, i always thought abotu beating some line records, floridas hard but theres a few i could have got, mostly fly fishing records. Igfa doesnt let anyone look at the records anymore though, you have to be a member which is like 50 bucks, aint worth it in my opinion to try to BS some records, but you got some cool big fish there man, they all from the same lake or do you fish a number of places, I caught some nice small mouth in lake ontario. Heres some pics of my nice fish, the LMB when im wearing the jacket (around 5lbs) and the pecock bass(3.5lbs) were caught on 2 lb test, the small mouth bass (both about 4.5 lbs) were caught on 4 and my dads bass(5.5lbs) and the my other big one (5lb) was caught on 8. No records but fun.

lmb.jpg

peacock.jpg

big small.jpg

big smallie.jpg

lmb2.jpg

dads biglmb.jpg

fhawk362

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2009
Royal palm beach, FL
Ok thanks man, I'll let you know if I ever decide to try again.

Mikeberg

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2007
Northwest Indiana
I am a member of the IGFA but I don't send them line class fish in anymore. They charge a fee now I think its $25.00 even if you are a member. They did not do this to start with. I have over 100 records with the National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame. They do not charge members. I'd go broke if I still sent everything to the IGFA.

The other World Record keeping organization is The National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame in Hayward Wisconsin. The IGFA only kept Saltwater records to start with so the NFWFHF started to fill the gap. Later IGFA started keeping freshwater records too.
They do not talk to each other but the NFWFHF will accept IGFA records but IGFA wont accept NFWFHF. You still need to apply to both.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Mikeberg;3838529; said:
I am a member of the IGFA but I don't send them line class fish in anymore. They charge a fee now I think its $25.00 even if you are a member. They did not do this to start with. I have over 100 records with the National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame. They do not charge members. I'd go broke if I still sent everything to the IGFA.

The other World Record keeping organization is The National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame in Hayward Wisconsin. The IGFA only kept Saltwater records to start with so the NFWFHF started to fill the gap. Later IGFA started keeping freshwater records too.
They do not talk to each other but the NFWFHF will accept IGFA records but IGFA wont accept NFWFHF. You still need to apply to both.

Looks like I will become a member there as well. So since I already have records with IGFA, will they honor them if I submitted them? What records do you have?

Mikeberg

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2007
Northwest Indiana
There is no time limit on All Tackel records, there is on Line Classses though.

They might concider them with the IGFA certification. They do say that they will concider records that are late if there was a good reason and good documentation. You should ask.
Natonal Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame
P.O. Box 690
10360 Hall of Fame Drive
Hayward, WI 54843
phone (715) 634-4440
Emmet Brown is the Executive Director
Ted Dzialo is the Secretary

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store