I'm out

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
Well I'm out guys of fishkeeping. I'm keeping the 125 and stand but rest are up for sale. Not alot, nor any expensive fish but still....it sucks. It's not a money issue, I just don't have the time anymore to keep this hobby going. With full time at work and school plus other little things like a dog and rabbit to care for I just feel as if I'm neglecting the fish too much. My poor Oscars even got HITH because of me.:(:( I feel terrible. Just wanted to let everyone know. I will continue on a later date, when school is over.

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
dang, that sucks but we understand. It happens sometimes. keep the passion going though, we dont want to lose you on the forum.

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
My poor Oscars even got HITH because of me.:(:( I feel terrible.
no they didn't.

many south american cichlids get HITH no matter what you do.

you can have the best diet, cleanest water, try all the supposed remedies out there like not using carbon, treat with metrodiazole etc and your fish can still get it.

trust me. I have been keeping various south americans for almost 20 years. I have tried it all LOL

even my new red severum is getting and he is in pristine water and is eating well..

HITH is just one of those things that tends to hit south americans, and there is no proven cure nor is there a proven method to prevent it. it just happens sometimes.

knicks791

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2009
yonkers ny
Dude, I have an oscar 6 in, in a 55 soon to be 75. I run a fx5 and ac110 filed with bio max and matrix pond. Feed it home made fish food - blended fish enriched with vit and spinich; in addition hikari gold and it still has hith. Water par are prefect with 13x turnover. Tried every med, I know how you feel.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store