I'm torn between an FX6 or the Eheim 2262 (1500XL) FOR MY 120 TANK

jcard71

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2007
Boston
I'm trying to decided between the two. I dont't like the green hoses on the Eheim, but love how quiet I hear it is.

I'll be keeping Frontosa Moba and trying to decide...What are your thoughts?

Bad69bird

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2020
I don’t have any long term results yet but I’m running a fx4 and fx6 on my 75g. They’re pretty damn quiet

Reactions: dr exum

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I would be afraid the eheim would be way to strong for a 120. I personally would go with a fx6 and some pothos. I have a fx6 and the only time I hear it is when it turns off and spits out any air that’s caught inside every 12 hours.

If you do get the eheimthen pleased do post pictures of the monster.

Oughtsix

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Redmond, OR
Personally I have had MUCH better experiences with my Eheim canisters than the Fluval filters I have owned. For me the maintenance on my Eheims have been easier, they are easier to get back together and I have never had a problem with leaks. I know others prefer the Fluvals. I have given up on canisters altogether since switching to sumps... I do keep an Eheim on the shelf though, the Fluvals were given away.

Reactions: Matteus

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
I run a FX6 and two Eheim 2217 on my 150. I can’t say a negative about either brand. I have found both to be easy to clean, are equally quiet and have had zero issues with either so far.

Reactions: Matteus

parrthed

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2006
Charlestown
I've got both and would choose the Eheim. I even put a 1/8" piece of sorbothane under the pump and its super silent, just like my 2217. hell, even without it I still had to put my head inside the cabinet to hear it barely hum. Its a big pump on top.
Holds a ton of whatever media you want (just fill a couple large media bags and throw em in there). literally a 5 gallon bucket with a pump on the top. I run my 2262s with a 300w Hydor in-line and a single 5/8" loc-line output on my 150 (48x30x24) and 180, its definitely not too much flow at all.

I like the bottom up design better as well. pump stays protected from sand and debris.

I'm not a big fan of all the Eheim intake/output setup either, so I drill the backs of my tanks for the canisters.

Either filter will work well for your setup,

Reactions: Matteus and deeda
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store