Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
I ran two 2262 on my 220 gal.
About to set up one 2262 on my 75 gal.
Best. Filter. Ever.
Reliable, long service intervals, powerful.
check out my threaton how to make it even quieter!

Never had a Fluval, cannot comment nor compare.

pinfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2020
I have two Eheims and have loved them! SUPER quiet, I can barely hear them, and I have them both in my room! My cousin has had their Eheim for years and it's still going strong. 100% recommend!

Reactions: Matteus

TAT2DRAGON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2005
In my opinion there really is no comparison. the Eheim have much more biological filtering capacity, they are much more versatile as far as what you can pack them with for instance fine tuning the media for specific applications and criteria and are still the standard by which most other canisters are judged by. i personally have 2 2262 running flawlessly for the past 4 years with out so much as a hiccup in performance and also have a 2180 that runs perfectly as well. I also love the fact that it has the heater integrated into the filter. when it all comes down to it i think its a personal choice based on just what exactly you are looking for. same as asking what is better Ford or Chevy type discussion. Like i said Eheim is definitely my preference.

Reactions: Matteus and pinfish

Oskie Boy

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2011
Memphis TN
I've got both and would choose the Eheim. I even put a 1/8" piece of sorbothane under the pump and its super silent, just like my 2217. hell, even without it I still had to put my head inside the cabinet to hear it barely hum. Its a big pump on top.
Holds a ton of whatever media you want (just fill a couple large media bags and throw em in there). literally a 5 gallon bucket with a pump on the top. I run my 2262s with a 300w Hydor in-line and a single 5/8" loc-line output on my 150 (48x30x24) and 180, its definitely not too much flow at all.

I like the bottom up design better as well. pump stays protected from sand and debris.

I'm not a big fan of all the Eheim intake/output setup either, so I drill the backs of my tanks for the canisters.

Either filter will work well for your setup,
Hey, just curious how you hook the hydor heater up to the 2217 return line, I ran into the issue of Eheims metric hoses vs. the hydor standard hose sizes. do you have any tips or pics of how you set that up by chance?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store