Importing a dog

latshki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
prince edward island, canada
Hey guys
Im just wondering if any of you have imported a dog from the states or canada
I am looking to get a dog this spring and if I could import from the states that would make things a bit easier for me
So if anyone here has experience shipping a pup across a border some help would be much appreciated!

thanks

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
What kind of dog are you looking for?
There are many message boards with many reputable breeders that you can talk to about importing dogs.
My next bulldog will be from Atomic American Bulldogs, which is in upstate New York, they should know a few things about importing dogs;)

Clay

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2005
Chantilly, Va
Typically when a dog is imported to the US, they must go through a lengthy quarantine process, vet inspection, and a variety of other checks. If it fails, the animal is destroyed. Also, several agencies must allow the importation to include (but not limited to): CDC, F&W, Customs, and possibly the DHS depending on the country of origin. I am not sure what the procedures are for going to Canada, and whether there is a reciprocal agreement allowing US to Canada. Your best bet is to ask a local vet.

I'm sure there are breeders in Canada for your desires.

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
Double bag it, use heat-packs and styrofoam to keep the warmth in.

Wait... you said "dog." Sorry. :)

latshki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
yea Ive found a few more breeders in canada
Im looking at dogo argentina

latshki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
yea they have to be quarantined longer and are often on the no go list like pitbulls

yodaLBC

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2010
Philippines
I've sent out a dog to the phillippines... Not sure if it's the same process since Canada is just next door...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store