Indo Pacific Tarpon Info?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Im unsure of proces of indo tarpon...would you consider a $125 good price for indo? Ive ordered few times with aquascape and very satisfied...however i still have to see if thier not eatting live and if its easy to put them on pellets...also how big a fish should be to not be tempting for an 8 inch tarpon? Because i think my 3 inch geos might be in danger lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

AU_Arowana-RG

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
Cebu, Phillipines
Most of the larger ones are Atlantics.

As far as I know, yes, Tarpon can get big. However, most of the wild Indo-Pacific Tarpon I've seen in fishing sites have been at around the 2 foot mark at the largest. Keep in mind, these were caught in brackish areas, so I wouldn't know how large they would grow in the salt where food is more varied.

I'd assume the growth rate for Tarpon would slow rather dramatically in a freshwater setup when compared to a salt environment, if only due to differences in diet that would likely be provided.

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
Two indo tarpons purchased two years ago at 9"s, they are now 11.5"s. So about 2.5"s in two years. Kept in a 240 & fed daily with massivore with the occasional shrimp/tilapia as a treat. Incredibly active & Intelligent. Absolute gentle giants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store