Indoor Catfish Pond

fwlion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
NASHVILLE,TN
yes guys I have decided to put in an indoor pond the dementions I'm thinking of are somewhere around 8x4x3, I could actually go a bit wider than 4ft. and a bit deeper then 3ft. if I wanted

NOW I NEED SOME STOCK IDEAS

for sure inhabitants so far:
Tiger Shovelnose
Tirgrinus (when I get the money to aquire one)
Psuedodoras Niger
Redtail of course
Jurenese Cat
Mbu Puffer (not a cat but WILL be introduced)

GIVE ME SOME IDEAS

ahodge84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2009
Nebraska, USA
I'd be wary about mixing ANYTHING with a redtail cat, but then again, I don't have any personal experience with them. I am definitely interested in seeing how your pond turns out and what you stock.

iloveoscars702

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
Canada... i wish.
add some big aros or gars to the mix that would be cool :D

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia/Perth, Australia
cjohll;3084058;3084058 said:
I would make it 2 deep instead of 3 it is hard to see the bottom or the fish at 3 foot depth.
urrr thats not true...3 feet is wayyy better...it will give u sum space between the cats and the puffer (or any other fish). 3 feet would be ideal!

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
if you plan on having top fish with big cats go 3' if you plan to keep it all cats 2'. i would not put a tig with a rtc. that is just foolish. enough tsn's are lost to rtc's that spending the money on a tig and feeding it to a rtc seems kind of ridiculous. im not saying that it cant be done, im just saying it is a recipe for disaster.

fwlion

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
NASHVILLE,TN
hey no RTC with a TIG the rtc GOES no problem there, and the reason I'm goin only 8ft. long is becuase I'm using 8ft. landscaping timbers. I've built a few ponds out them before and its a "tried and true" methon so thats what I'm going with, and 3ft. deep I personally no is ideal

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store