Indostomus crocodilus Info/anyone kept them?

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Just found these little fish and they seem pretty cool. Wondering any information about them, and where could I possibly buy some? They seem like a cool oddball for smaller tanks.

ichthyogeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2015
Arkansas
Somebody's been watching Aquarium co-op......

Anyways, so they're basically a weird little stickleback fish. There is this excellent writeup from plantedtank. I believe they were all the rage there about 8 years or so. Treat them like mini pipefish crossed with dragonets and you should be good. This means that you should already be 1) hatching out brine shrimp daily, and 2) be looking into alternative foods such as freshwater copepods.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Somebody's been watching Aquarium co-op......

Anyways, so they're basically a weird little stickleback fish. There is this excellent writeup from plantedtank. I believe they were all the rage there about 8 years or so. Treat them like mini pipefish crossed with dragonets and you should be good. This means that you should already be 1) hatching out brine shrimp daily, and 2) be looking into alternative foods such as freshwater copepods.
Thanks. The funny thing is, it wasn’t from aquarium coop lol, it was from a small YouTube channel called Tank Therapy.

Reactions: ichthyogeek
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store