Info on bleheri please!

marvinbaker

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2006
canterbury
just managed to get my hands on a couple of bleheri from my lfs, put them in my 100g with thin bar dats and clown loaches. I've got a channa auranti in my large tank but never kept any other species before so would appreciate some info from anyone experienced on the little fella's

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Channa bleheri, the "rainbow snakehead"... is considered to be the "most beautiful" dwarf species available... reaching a max size of 8".

According to a friend that has kept C. bleheri before: says usually tend to be shy and timid when first being introduced into the tank. Being more on the 'peaceful' side of snakeheads, in his opinion says they would probably do best if kept by themselves alone in their own species tank. If keeping with tankmates, be sure to choose wisely by selecting other peaceful, non-aggressive, non-territorial fish, that will not outgrow and pick on your bleheris. Buddy kept his bleheri with a H. fossilis catfish, and a pair of young payara.

Also, be sure to cover all openings on top of the tank. Bleheri are very good jumpers and escape artists. If using a HOB power filter in the tank, be sure to keep the intake tube cover secure and tight. also can cover the intake opening by using a piece of sponge. This is how my buddy personally lost his bleheri, trying to escape the tank by going up the intake tube, and then getting crushed by the impeller or from drowning. :(

Happy keeping, good luck and enjoy!

Timmy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
On Mother EARTH
Great little creatures they are. I presently have 11 of these. I have got to say that they are peacfull with one another (some nips here and there), but are very active when it comes to seeing me walk by the tank. they instantly jump to the top of the tank awaiting food. These are almost a year old.

DSC00383.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store