{Insert generic greeting here}

Azrien

Feeder Fish
Dec 12, 2004
Florida
Hello all, I'm pretty new to aquatic photography and I joined here to get all the help I can. I'm definitely not new to photography in general though. My top subjects are aviation, cityscapes/buildings, natural scenery, and animals. I do have a gallery online of some of my aviation photos, if anyone's interested. I'm finding aquarium photography very challenging compared to aviation photography, and I thought that was hard! I'm having a lot of problems with flash, and I'm thinking that I need to place several "hot lights" over my tank while I'm photographing it rather than using the flash and getting strange colors.

I also seem to have quite a few problems correctly capturing the color of my Labidochromis caeruleus; my camera doesn't quite make out the details, rather it sees the lab as a fat yellow crayon :\ I have an Olympus C50 digital camera.

Looking forward to learning from all the experience in this forum :)

Azrien

Feeder Fish
Dec 12, 2004
Florida
Thank you :D I only wish I could be THAT good with my fishie photos.. hehe!

Oh, I suppose I should mention my setup...

75 gal mixed malawi tank with rosy barbs, labs, a red empress and a red peacock (thus far!)

hir0

MFK Member
Oct 16, 2004
Azores, Portugal
welcome Azrien. post some photos in photography 101 and the members here will do their best to help

:) :) :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store