Instead of substrate

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I still can't find the thread, but I believe that I am mistaken, this is the product that was used, so I assume it was sprayed on the outside, not the inside.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Same product .....

Reactions: aae0130

aae0130

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2018
Here is a link to articles on tank safe paints for inside and out. It’s not the textured stuff as mentioned above but if you are looking for a smooth look it may help.

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
You can see what I did at the bottom of the first pic, and the paint I used in the second. Final photo is when it was barebottom.

I used to run a barebottom tank before I put geos and loaches in it. I used the stone texture paint by rust-oleum to make it look like a sand bottom and function like a bare bottom. Now that it’s full of sand, you can still see it once the sand blows away in certain areas. Makes it a little less noticeable than a reflective piece of glass.

I just painted the outside of the tank with it so there wasn’t any chance of poisoning the fish.image.jpgimage.jpg6C45CEE3-60A5-4454-9C36-56BFAC109CBD.jpeg

Reactions: RD.

jstevenz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
chicago il
What I did was cut the tile so that it is extremely snug on the bottom. From there I added a power head and ran it to a spray bar but with a small thin horizontal cut instead of small holes and had it pumping across the bottom. This basically worked as a continuous sweeping effect to the tile so that nothing is able to stay on the bottom and is pushed back up into the water which is then caught by the canisters.

I have not siphoned in over a year and every 2 months I lift up the tiles to check and haven't had a thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store