Interesting arrangement

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Anyone else with input here? I'm going to see these fish in the next day or two and I have some questions I want to ask while I'm there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
From my experience with kelberi they have a problem with aggressive fish ...Also being very slow growers they probably wont reach their full size but if you don't mind I am sure the fish will have a happy full life so go for it...

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
From my experience with kelberi they have a problem with aggressive fish ...Also being very slow growers they probably wont reach their full size but if you don't mind I am sure the fish will have a happy full life so go for it...
These aren't my fish. If you read through the whole thread, you'll see I was just posting some food for thought.

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
Cant go wrong with this logic ha, It sounds as if the tank mates were the cause of the discomfort.
I don't disagree, but as stated before - what makes you think bigger is better? Read through the thread and post your thoughts. It does pose some interesting ideas to discuss.

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Bigger is always better for a fish that has naturally evolved in huge bodies of water.

If I grew up in a 6x6 box and I was happy cause people brought me my favour food when ever I wanted it and women and booze on demand! I would be happy cause I know no different!

Now let me out and put me in my own 2000 sq ft home with a car and all those same things I got in my box?

Its ridiculous to think smaller could be better IMHO

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Bigger is always better for a fish that has naturally evolved in huge bodies of water.

If I grew up in a 6x6 box and I was happy cause people brought me my favour food when ever I wanted it and women and booze on demand! I would be happy cause I know no different!

Now let me out and put me in my own 2000 sq ft home with a car and all those same things I got in my box?

Well said!

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA

Lol well put!

I visited my friend again last night and his take and reasoning was this:

He feels as though fish tend to make territories and while a lake or river is huge, the driftwood or rock or whatever spot they claim is relatively small. By reproducing this in a tank, the fish is theoretically unaware it is not in a lake or river because it still has it's territory. More on this in the next post...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store