internal parasite medicine

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Which fish are you suspecting and why? I usually one medicate if absolutely necessary. A lot of the time the other meds will kill the bacteria in your filter or just mess with the fish in general. I also like to let the fish do some fighting on their own to keep immune systems strong.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
ok specifically i want to treat my 4" polleni and 5" orino, my clown loaches are 3" and there are 3, silver dollars are 2" and there are 3 and my 7" florida gar. How long should i let them fight it off before i treat? if you would reference my thread in the disease section for the symptoms. his poop was a little thin but not white so i am not terribly sure if it is in fact parasites but i do not want my fish to be harmed and have never had this issue so forgive my impatience. what other suggestions would you have?

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
also spotted some yellow poo today. weird. need help. want to react to this problem. my pbass and paratalapia have lost appetite now. only eat just a little.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Yea, that looks pretty nasty. I'd go ahead and treat the entire system. If you can get them in ingest the injected medicine it might work more quickly, but I doubt if they'll eat it if they're losing appetite.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
what about that jungle product i told you about? treat the whole tank and then treat some of the food in a cup?

the paratalapia is off and on with his eating. he ate ok last night and not this morning. the pbass is only eating one piece of shrimp per feeding and spitting the rest. gar is eating fine along with everyone else. that yellow poop is the only one that i have seen like that.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
or perhaps what other meds should i use that are immediately available and wouldnt pay a fortune in shipping for?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I've heard a lot of good things about prazipro, I'd give it a shot.

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
Jungle parasite clear also contain praziquantel. It also contain metrodinazole as well..

I have used both jungle and prazi pro before and they worked well. Mix them with your food will give you better direct shot of treating it..

stan

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
well what if internal parasites is an incorrect diagnosis? will this have negative consequences and will it kill my bacteria? should i also follow up in a few days with a water change?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store