Introducing channa cobra fail or pass?

dnyanzhi

Feeder Fish
Oct 18, 2021
Hi guys, i currently have a 11" male channa aurantica living solo in my tank.
Recently i bought another 9" female channa aurantica from a seller hoping to pair them up. i bought a tank divider to place it in the middle of the tank so as to introduce them and get to familiarized with one each other first. When first introduced, both channa saw each other but did not flare up at all, swimming around and doing their own things as usual.
After the first night, i woke up to my male aurantica being in the same side as the female, meaning he jumped over the divider to the female. However, as i watched them closely, none of them had any form of damaged and look perfectly fine. Even now, two days from prior to what happened, they still are chilling together with no fighting.
My question is, if they will eventually start to pick fights with one another? Or does that mean that the pairing was surprisingly a success?
i have attached pictures for your reference.photo_2021-10-19_23-02-27.jpgphoto_2021-10-19_23-02-30.jpg

thanks in advance!

chronick

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
tank is way too small to hope for any long term success but its interesting that they havent attacked each other at all

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store