Introducing Flash

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
I love Flash! :) Amazing Arowana, really lovely. Can I ask what you're exactly feeding him? I am currently feeding my ~7-7,5¨ Premium Highback Superworms and Crickets. 2 big crickets and 1-2 big fat superworms per day, is that good or too much or even not enough?

edit: aahhhh I saw on the first page that Flash is mainly fed prawns. Nice! Mine wont eat prawns nor fish meat or pellets/sticks, only superworms and crickets so far.

Reactions: narayanang76

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
I love Flash! :) Amazing Arowana, really lovely. Can I ask what you're exactly feeding him? I am currently feeding my ~7-7,5¨ Premium Highback Superworms and Crickets. 2 big crickets and 1-2 big fat superworms per day, is that good or too much or even not enough?

edit: aahhhh I saw on the first page that Flash is mainly fed prawns. Nice! Mine wont eat prawns nor fish meat or pellets/sticks, only superworms and crickets so far.
Mine wouldnt eat prawns at first either... she still wont eat pellets..
Eventually i offered her prawn and if she didnt eat, I would feed the rest of her tank mates and I started seeing that this annoyed her very much so.. i carried on....
A day or two later she grabbed the prawn out my hand and since then she eats prawn
I am sure it was just so she could be the first to eat!!!
She also loves earth worms and always gets her share when i feed the rays

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India

Thank you. Yes Flash is being fed Prawns most of the times, with Hikari and AR G1 sticks inserted inside prawns. He loved prawns from the beginning and nowdays eats 4-5 medium sized prawns almost daily. Reg the quantity, I now have an understanding how much he is going to eat based on his body language. Earlier I used to see some spit out food next day, I am not seeing that these days. Once a week I give him mealworm as a treat.

There are some youtube videos on how to train arowana on prawns, attaching with some thread and creating a movement. Since your aro is used to live food, such tricks may be required and sometimes it may take a while to get there.

Reactions: Matteus and MariaS
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store