is any one can tell me where I can get those(RED sunfish ?)

Foomanchu3669

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2008
NY
Hi all .can anyone can tell me where I can get thoes "RED" sunfish or Bluegill (red ear sunfish)??
thanks & best wish

long%20ear%20sunfish.jpg

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
That is a longear sunfish (Lepomis megalotis). They come in a number of different color forms; some fish show more blue or green than red.

None of the usual guys seem to have them in stock right now, but I believe Brian Zimmerman is breeding the high-red Missouri longears much like the one in your picture.

Eamiles

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Lafayette, IN
Wow, I have caught a lot of those guys in my days and have never seen one that red. Learn something every day I guess. Its weird to me that all my life I have been catching these fish and now I find out that people pay money for a lot of them and breed them for different colors and such.

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
No problem! They're fun fish to keep, and are more manageable than bluegill or green sunfish thanks to their smaller size and less aggressive personality.

xspainx69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2007
Queens,NY
Noto;2754855; said:
No problem! They're fun fish to keep, and are more manageable than bluegill or green sunfish thanks to their smaller size and less aggressive personality.

No way dude! I had 3 Longear Sunfish in a tank with a bluegill 3 times its size and a LMB and the Longear male was a bully...

This guy would attack anything that would came near it.

anthony martinez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
San Pedro CA
i had 3 of those in a 100 gallon really aggressive tords each other. bought them for $10 dollars each when 3inch got rid of them when they were 6 inch took about 3 to 4 months to reach that size. nice fish though good luck finding them.

Foomanchu3669

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2008
NY
anthony martinez;2758172; said:
i had 3 of those in a 100 gallon really aggressive tords each other. bought them for $10 dollars each when 3inch got rid of them when they were 6 inch took about 3 to 4 months to reach that size. nice fish though good luck finding them.

are those 3 you had are they "red"as the one in the pic?
if so please tell me where I can get some
thanks & best wish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store