Is fish keeping....nerdy?

bosanova

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2011
new york
trying to see myself from the view of someone who has no idea or interest in fish keeping.
i know fish keepers come from all walks of life but when it comes down to it don't you think it's kinda nerdy how "addicted" we can become to the hobby? just saying :)
well perhabs if you are dwelling in the low range size tanks and small fish specimen wich are attainable by most wanna be aquarists you probably deserve to be called a nerd , with anything over 1500 g inside your house you are automatically classified by the same people who thought as fish keeping being nerdy an enviable artist, together with all the wows your heart can take GOT MY POINT

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
:ROFL:Excellent!
I usually avoid bringing it up when engaging the opposite sex so yes I consider it pretty nerdy.
LoL well hiding is just not being yourself then :p. I know my girlfriend and friends think it's pretty nerdy but then again i got a couple of friends into it but none of my friends make a big deal about it it's just not for them :p and if that opposite sex don't like you for who you are then shge aint right for you -(yes i oulled out some grade A tv stuff!) :D

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
trying to see myself from the view of someone who has no idea or interest in fish keeping.
i know fish keepers come from all walks of life but when it comes down to it don't you think it's kinda nerdy how "addicted" we can become to the hobby? just saying :)
Depends on how you keep fish. If you have a basement full of tanks or a fish room, you've transcended into nerdiness. If you keep one nice tank you are more of a bad @$$.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
YES! haha. but nerdy is the new black
Oh is it now?...Haven't heard that one yet butI did hear someone say that *** is the new black lol.
i like fish geek better
A coworker of mine who is also into fishkeeping said that that is what we are.I think I'd rather be called a nerd.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store