Is he doomed?! :(

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
after the kanaplex i did 1 round of levamisole. the treatment went fine, Kai expelled some really long clear thing poops but after viewing them under the scope i still saw nothing.

The strange part is that since then Kai he gone back to having normal waste. This would make sense if he still had parasites in his gut but I haven't been able to see anything for quite a long time now. So why did the levamisole treatment return his waste back to normal?

Any thoughts?

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
Not that I can't think of possibilities, but I won't even offer them because at this point it's anybody's guess and anyone's opinion could be debated or questioned by someone with a different opinion of equal or lesser validity. Short of a veterinary professional or lab examining the fish it's guesswork anyway at this point. I would take it as a good sign, not obsess over it, and not worry about whether the hole will close back up because it's possible but not to be expected and not critical to his future health.

As I mentioned earlier, from the science literature I've read on it, there are brief and specific windows for the preliminary biochemical steps leading to healing that have to take place. They've likely either happened by now or they haven't. What I've seen over the years as a mod on other forums tells me the holes sometimes heal under the right conditions, but more often not.

Bottom line is it's good to hear he has apparently recovered and let's hope that's that. I've had a number of green terrors, a favorite fish of mine, and none were prone to health issues, so given reasonable care I wouldn't be surprised if he goes on to live a healthy life.

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
You can use a sponge prefilter on the canister intake to prevent algae from being picked up. However, I take it the algae isn't growing inside the filter (media) but is only being collected inside?

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
Yeah exact same spot. It gets filled in see photo. Super active right now cause I just got home so it's hard to capture.

It's level right now but I can almost guarantee it will start to protrude then pop open

1521582544433266270714.jpg

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
Just to be clear Phillip .. is the new pimple forming in the same hole where the last one burst (leaving the hole)? So the pimple is filling in the indention from the last one?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store