Is KML the same as SRD? AND breeding questions!

sarmatian07

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2020
I would imagine the fry to turn out allot like the texas in the end just due to them having the majority of their genes comprising of midas and Texas, which both have a very similar body structure. As for color that could be anybody's guess, I would imagine allot of Oranges and Greens from the texas and Veija gene's with maybe the odd Red or Tan one from the midas gene's. As for fader's well again that would be a toss up, I would imagine maybe 20% at most will end up with fader gene's. As for show grade quality I would imagine it at a 10% rate for every batch. Even show grade fish themselves won't put out many show grade offspring. It's all down to the genetic lottery.
I guess the SRM x SRT jackpot might look like this. No genes from trimac / FH.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I guess the SRM x SRT jackpot might look like this. No genes from trimac / FH.
Well as long as it's got that SRM DNA, it's still got Trimac genes it's just not very much compaired to other FH strains. The red eyes come from the Trimac genes same with the flower spots.

All FH's contain some degree of Trimac and Veija genes just some strains focused more on the Veija gene's rather then the Trimac gene's. Basically any strain that focused more on that boxy body style, focused on more veija genes. Any strain that focused more on kok size and Flower spots, focused more on Trimac genes.

sarmatian07

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2020
All FH's contain some degree of Trimac and Veija genes just some strains focused more on the Veija gene's rather then the Trimac gene's. Basically any strain that focused more on that boxy body style, focused on more veija genes. Any strain that focused more on kok size and Flower spots, focused more on Trimac genes.
In my opinion, all of the above has more to do with a similar kamfa fader. I read somewhere that Thai breeders post scientific publications on making different varieties of FH, kamfa, SRT in Thai aquarium magazines. Is there any similar information in English?

№114.jpg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
In my opinion, all of the above has more to do with a similar kamfa fader. I read somewhere that Thai breeders post scientific publications on making different varieties of FH, kamfa, SRT in Thai aquarium magazines. Is there any similar information in English?

View attachment 1448040
Not entirely sure if there is or isn't but I would assume that there is.

Damn he's got some nice color tho. Nice wide tailfin, red eyes and the kok and stomach are at a very nice size (not too big). I learned thru experience that extremely large koks are just major health hazards. Lol wish my lil fader got that bright red color.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store