Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Reactions: ryanmussio

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I guess I will have to invest in a female, she died Sunday.
Aww well that sucks. I'm kind of in the same place atm. I got 2 females but need to find myself a male for em. Only problem is is in order to breed em both I would need a male that's almost fully grown since the biggest of my 2 girls is already pushing 9in.

ryanmussio

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2016
Trinidad
Aww well that sucks. I'm kind of in the same place atm. I got 2 females but need to find myself a male for em. Only problem is is in order to breed em both I would need a male that's almost fully grown since the biggest of my 2 girls is already pushing 9in.
Hey bro it’s a female they’ve been together all day no signs of aggression, my big male tubed also dropped is there a way I can post a vid to show y’all I’m pumped.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Hey bro it’s a female they’ve been together all day no signs of aggression, my big male tubed also dropped is there a way I can post a vid to show y’all I’m pumped.
Ya have to upload a video to YouTube first and then copy and paste the URL to here. I know, kind of a round about way of doing it but that's how it's done.

ryanmussio

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2016
Trinidad
Ya have to upload a video to YouTube first and then copy and paste the URL to here. I know, kind of a round about way of doing it but that's how it's done.
I posted two vids let me know if you think they’re paired. I added back the divider as I said. Will give them a 20 min session tomorrow again.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I posted two vids let me know if you think they’re paired. I added back the divider as I said. Will give them a 20 min session tomorrow again.
Wouldn't quite say they are paired atm they are more or less just respecting eachother for now. Usually you will see the female acting a bit aggressive with the male she wants to pair with, chasing him and nipping him and sometimes lip locking, it may seem like aggressive behavior but it's all to test the male to see if he will be aggressive enough to protect their eggs/fry from any intruder.

So far from what I'm seeing with these 2 is that they are just getting along with eachother and not really doing any courtship behaviour atm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store