Is the Flowerhorns tube dropping?

IckyIcky

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2020
h8cq39wlhlf51.jpg
She is apparently 6 months, turning 7 months soon and the male is about 10 months by now (ZZ.)
Female might be a Kamfa x Texas mix. I don't know how long it takes, or about how the breeding works, but I just
seperated by egg-crate yesterday and they started swimming around each other, didn't attack each other once. The only thing was that the male would just swish his tail and it'd hit her in the face when she would be behind him. They would collide, but never bite, just look at each other, then swim around each other and then do whatever they wanted to do. If I chase them (Little game I do with them) They both follow me and swim right beside each other. She's pecked him a couple times on the side, but never bitten, sort of just puts her lips there and swims away gently. Her tail some times spazzes, but I don't know, maybe somethign is wrong and I'm unaware.

I don't know how long it'll take for her tube to drop, or if she's even layed eggs before. All we know was that we requested specifically for a fertile female flowerhorn and I know the people I get it from wouldn't disappoint. We just haven't gotten much intel due to Covid-19 in my area being so severe.

If anyone has recommendations.. foods to feed fry, if they are ready, the process or what will happen I'll greatly appreciate some more information to note. :)

Thanks!

IckyIcky

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2020
Update: I just saw her flick her tail towards his mouth and he didn't bite it but just stood there allowing her to swim away before they swam together again. The net has been off for about 2 hours now and no sign of anger or agression has been shown. Maybe because my flowerhorn previously grew up in a tank of chiclid and arowanas that he's too afraid to attack other fish? He's super gentle when eating as well, he sucks the food from my hand instead of bite. The female in the other case, jumped out of the water and bit the food from my hand when it was hovered over and I wasn't paying attention to her before looking at me for more. Both have had each others body, tail or fin right in their mouth but never do anything. Did I get lucky and they just paired? I've only had her for a week so far.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
View attachment 1428064
She is apparently 6 months, turning 7 months soon and the male is about 10 months by now (ZZ.)
Female might be a Kamfa x Texas mix. I don't know how long it takes, or about how the breeding works, but I just
seperated by egg-crate yesterday and they started swimming around each other, didn't attack each other once. The only thing was that the male would just swish his tail and it'd hit her in the face when she would be behind him. They would collide, but never bite, just look at each other, then swim around each other and then do whatever they wanted to do. If I chase them (Little game I do with them) They both follow me and swim right beside each other. She's pecked him a couple times on the side, but never bitten, sort of just puts her lips there and swims away gently. Her tail some times spazzes, but I don't know, maybe somethign is wrong and I'm unaware.

I don't know how long it'll take for her tube to drop, or if she's even layed eggs before. All we know was that we requested specifically for a fertile female flowerhorn and I know the people I get it from wouldn't disappoint. We just haven't gotten much intel due to Covid-19 in my area being so severe.

If anyone has recommendations.. foods to feed fry, if they are ready, the process or what will happen I'll greatly appreciate some more information to note. :)

Thanks!
Hikari first bite or really any food crushed up into more of a powder to feed the fry.

IckyIcky

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2020
Hikari first bite or really any food crushed up into more of a powder to feed the fry.
Oooh, sounds good. I'll do that if they ARE fertile. Still dunno if they are. How long do you think 'til her tube will drop completely?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store