Is there any value in this old big tank?

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
So as I've mentioned recently, I'm replacing the swamp my turtle lives in with a new custom build that I hope to install in a month and a half or so.

I'm wondering if there's any usefulness to the old tank, or if I should just have it hauled away as junk.

It's a 220g (6'x24''), drilled, with the right overflow box removed and the right panel blacked out. Comes with a stand and a canopy, although some holes have been put in the canopy for the turtle's lights. Tank and stand have been used for over a decade between myself and the previous owner, which is one of the reasons I'm replacing it.

I'm not really expecting much money for this if any at all. Really what I'm wondering is if it has enough use for it to be worth it for somebody to actually take this out of a NYC apartment.

If it were given away free of charge, you guys think it'd be worth somebody hauling it out even?

As always, thanks!

Reactions: GamerChick5567

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Is it glass or acrylic?
I would say yes. But it depends on finding the right person who maybe already has a plan for it or maybe parts of it.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
If you put it up for free, someone will come get it.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I don't have a need for a tank now, as I have 2 empty ones, but I would pay $100+ for the right to come and pick up a tank like that :)

Reactions: tlindsey

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I would be stoked to find a tank like that up on Craigslist. Someone will want it.
At least you are being nice about it. In my area most will ask a butt load just because it's big and to buy brand new is expensive.

Reactions: Homer Siped

Homer Siped

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2015
Haha one mans junk is another mans treasure. Im sure someone would come get it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store