Dec 3, 2010
Texas
Looks alot like my Vieja Hartwegi

Clostrangio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton Ontario canada
Ya he has some red dots on his body but of the red is on his tail and the edge of his dorsal fin. He's REALLY fast growing and has even more personality than my Oscar. Never sulks during water changes. He's awesome, if he is a "he"! Can anyone give me information about these fish?? Food, temperament, size, etc... Anything at all helps!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

NitroDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2012
Italy
From aquaria now.com

Family
Distribution
Max. Size pH Temp. Breeding
Cichlidae Central America: Mexico & Guatemala 12" Neutral 76-84° F. Beginner

Diet Swim Range Temperment Sociability Min. Tank Availability
Omnivorous Bottom-Middle Beware Pairs 60 gallons Rare

Paraneetroplus guttulatus, formerly known as Vieja guttalata and commonly known as the Amatitlan Cichlid, is a large Central American Cichlid species from the waters of Mexico and Guatemala. This fish is not often seen in the hobby.

Provide a spacious aquarium of at least sixty gallons. Driftwood roots and rocky decor help to replicate the fish's nature habitat, as well as create opportunities for each specimen to stake out their own territory.

Feed a varied diet as per all large Cichlids.

Breeding P. guttulatus is relatively easy. Pairs prepare a spawning area on a flat rock or substrate. Several hundred eggs are laid and cared for by the female while the male guards, and are usually transported to a nest dug in the gravel or sand. At this point the parents will become quite territorial. Fry may be fed newly-hatched brine shrimp or crushed up flake foods.

The Amatitlan Cichlid is well-known to "Vieja" Cichlid lovers, and is a favorite amongst those who have kept it. Provided the proper care, it makes a great addition to the Central American Cichlid aquarium.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
looks like it. Not Hartwegi.

nice one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store