is this effective to my flowerhorn?

FranzAndrei

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
hello guys is this effective to my flowerhorn? do i really need to buy this one? hoping for your fast replies guys thanks!

F2C64C86-E917-4B46-8F77-787FC4D4C1D6.jpeg

Dc628

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2019
Mine is in a 65 with an Oscar and it has grown over 2” in about a month now

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I wouldn't think so. Clean water, space, and quality food is all you need.
Agreed, this is really all your FH needs, magical potions & growth forumulas are a waste of money imho -- and remember this basic tenet: when you try to induce something to grow larger at an unnatural speed, there is a very high chance this process will also shorten the life of the creature (just think of steroids and the effects on human as an extreme example).

Reactions: Jexnell and RD.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
........ don't feed baby frogs to a FH. Just plain bad advice. Aros, sure, other predatory carnivorous species, sure, but not to flowerhron. KISS (keep it simple stupid) feed pellets, keep the water clean, and keep your fish in an overall low stress environment.

Or, get ready to start the next "My FH is Sick" thread.

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
Yeah I'm agreeing with other people here. Just keep a nice size tank, feed it well, and keep the water clean. Some good foods include Hikari Cichlid Gold, Repashy Spawn and Grow, Repashy Red Rum, Repashy Meat Pie, Hikari Food Sticks, Hikari Massivore Delite, Northfin cichlid formula, new life spectrum cichlid formula, raw shrimp, raw tilapia, earth worms, brine shrimp and bloodworms (depending on how big the flowerhorn is), and crickets. Something like that will not help him grow more, all that will do is waste your money and possible hurt your flowerhorn.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
........ don't feed baby frogs to a FH. Just plain bad advice. Aros, sure, other predatory carnivorous species, sure, but not to flowerhron. KISS (keep it simple stupid) feed pellets, keep the water clean, and keep your fish in an overall low stress environment.

Agreed, feeding stuff like that to a Flowerhorn is a sure fire path to getting HITH -- some quality, not overly high protein pellets will do the trick just fine (as long one doesn't overfeed).

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017

Is it something to do with the flower horn being a hybrid and supposedly weaker immune system?

Other fishes does not seem to have issues with baby frogs

Any other fishes to avoid frogs?

Reactions: islandguy11

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Like most "designer" fish that are mostly bred for looks, flowerhorns have sensitive gastrointestinal systems, so best to avoid anything that can potentially negatively affect their system. Mine were all raised strictly on pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store