~Is this Fin Rot?

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore

Just saw this during feeding time on my lapradei. Is it fin rot or just an attack?
It wasn't there yesterday. Need replies asap as I would go down to get some aid for fin rot asap tomorrow if that is the case.

bobtan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2011
singapore
If that is not a fin rot and the whole lapradei turns white,that would be awesome

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
32 views and no input? Cmon Guys.....

Bump

Motoxer777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Santa Paula
throw some melfix in there(just for the halibut.lol) and it will cure damaged fins even if ur lapradei was attacked....Good luck

JustinDavis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
West Palm Beach
Look like Fin Rot to me, if it was a attack I'd think it be a little more jagged and ripped.

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Thanks for confirming my doubts.

I have currently isolated the lapradei in a 10g tank (I know its small but I don't have any other tanks left...) temporarily.
Will dose the appropriate treatment over a period of 5 days.

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Thought I update you guys.

After 2 days of treatment, the 10g tank cracked. Lucky I was there so I drain all the water away and transfered the lapradei back into the main tank before the crack gave way. Guess he didn't like the treatment tank...

Since then it has been eating well, and the whiteness is slowly varnishing. I'll try and get some photos soon (when I manage to lift my lazy ass out of my bed)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store