is this parasite or bloat? in my flowerhorn

ron007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
My flowerhorn is not eating but is still a active. I injected some epsom salt solution last night. He has this clear thin poop. Is it hexa? He's belly is a bit big for the past few days.

IMG_20200327_140726.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks almost like from frozen foods. Since not eating then start offering some hex shield or metroplex if it has an appetite. Can try mixing with garlic. Add the Epsom salt to the tank, 1 tbsp per 5g.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

ron007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
I have him for 7 days and only feeding some pellets. It's not hex yet right?

ron007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
My water parameters are perfect on his first day he ate some pellets feeding twice a day on 3rd day I notice some clear poop and big belly then 4th day his not pooping that's when I tried syringe feeding the epsom salt solution

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I have him for 7 days and only feeding some pellets. It's not hex yet right?
Could be the stress of being in a be tank. This can allow hexemita to take over.
My water parameters are perfect on his first day he ate some pellets feeding twice a day on 3rd day I notice some clear poop and big belly then 4th day his not pooping that's when I tried syringe feeding the epsom salt solution
Just wait it out and try the medicated feed along with the epsom salt.

ron007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hi my flowerhorn is not pooping even though I tried to bathe him in epsom salt water for 30 mins( 1 teaspoon per gallon) and belly is still big. Should I try metro in tank? I have some api cure. I'm afraid if I syringe feed him the belly will get bigger again.

ron007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
I used the api general cure bloat was gone for two days after treatment but it came back still having a hard time pooping even with epsom salt in tank and epsom salt solution in pellets. I notice the poop that is sticking out in his butt is like a hair not solid poop. This fish is stressing me out :( I live in canada so its hard to find medicine like kanaplex

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Try mixing pellet food with the Epsom salt solution (1/2cup distilled water and 3/4 tsp of Epsom salt).

ron007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hi knote I'm already doing that and feeding it to him I keep waiting for my fish to poop but nothing is coming out. Do you think its bacterial infection that cause the blockage? White poop is also gone.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hi knote I'm already doing that and feeding it to him I keep waiting for my fish to poop but nothing is coming out. Do you think its bacterial infection that cause the blockage? White poop is also gone.
These fish can have internal issues we just can’t see. Can’t fix either. If the White poop is gone, no wasting, acting normal then just watch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store