Its FINALLY happening! My Geo RHT are spawning!

MissMaddylyn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
I came home tonight and noticed two of my geos cleaning off a stone and defending that corner of the tank. Breeding tubes/vents down and even the front of their pectoral fins got REALLY dark, almost black! These are the two most colorful of my group. So Im 99% sure they are going to be laying eggs...

Help?! I have NEVER had eggs before, let alone tried breeding fish before! What do I do? Any tips?

pdandy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2011
Gretna, Nebraska
I came home tonight and noticed two of my geos cleaning off a stone and defending that corner of the tank. Breeding tubes/vents down and even the front of their pectoral fins got REALLY dark, almost black! These are the two most colorful of my group. So Im 99% sure they are going to be laying eggs...

Help?! I have NEVER had eggs before, let alone tried breeding fish before! What do I do? Any tips?
How large are they? And how big is your group? I am looking at getting a young group of 5 red heads.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MissMaddylyn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Awesome! Any pictures?

And another question. Do you have them with any tank mates? When I get mine they will be in a 180 gallon with some clown loaches, a couple pimelodus cats, a rope fish, and a few CA cichlids.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I will post pictures shortly!

I have them in with an Angelfish, 10 Bosemani Rainbows, and a "Valentine" Synodontis.

MissMaddylyn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
No eggs this morning... Breeding tubes not as apparent. Left a blue LED on last night so they could see and keep defending if they did lay. Hmm... They are still cleaning the stone tho so maybe they are just waiting yet.

we4wieners

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2010
Atlantic City, N.J.
Great, keep us posted. Lookin forward to following your Geo's'!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store