It's time to move on... re-stocking Bob's tank.

FishRfine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2007
Clarksville, MD
As much as I loved Bob, it's time for me to get a new fish. Bob lived in a 220 gallon, and did quite well in there. I was thinking of getting a baby black arowana. I adored Bob, and I have no desire to replace him with another silver, but a black arowana might be just what I need. He would probably have the tank all to himself, Bob did, and I don't have the money to feed another animal. Will a blackie be ok in that tank? I'd get it as young as I could find it (barring it having a yolk sack) and raise it to adulthood. Sound good?

aidenb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Canada
if you plan on keeping it alone anyway, why not consider a jardini arowana, they're similar to an Asian but a lot cheaper.

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
blk are very expensive... and will cost possibility 4 times as much just for one..

I agree with the above comment.. why not try jardini. u can house more than one in a 220 gallon u say? Blk works.. but i'll be another 3 years for it to reach full adult size.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
plus blacks ar eharder to raise than silvers at a young age. If you hade a hard time with silvers you might want to wait on the blacks

FishRfine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2007
Clarksville, MD
dodgefreak8;3974689; said:
plus blacks ar eharder to raise than silvers at a young age. If you hade a hard time with silvers you might want to wait on the blacks

I didn't have a hard time with Bob. I raised him from 3 inches, he died because I raised such a healthy fish that he was able to knock off the 20 pounds of weight on the cover and break his neck on the other side of the room. I am more than up for the challenge of a young black arowana.

Anyways, Jardini's don't have the same charm to me.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
If I was doing a Solo Aro tank and Asian Aros were out the pic, I would go off my list...
Leichardti
Australian
Jardini
Black/Blue
Silver
Repeat list 2 times then African Aro

This is my top to bottom list :)

oHsNaP1337

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2008
CA
West1;3974853; said:
If I was doing a Solo Aro tank and Asian Aros were out the pic, I would go off my list...
Leichardti
Australian
Jardini
Black/Blue
Silver
Repeat list 2 times then African Aro

This is my top to bottom list :)
What is the "Australian" you speak of on your list in between the Leichardti and Jardini?

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
oHsNaP1337;3974953; said:
What is the "Australian" you speak of on your list in between the Leichardti and Jardini?
i have no idea what he's talking about,lol....both are aussie aros

afrowanas are awesome, too. I'm actually wanting one right now for my primitives tank

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
do a black...or try a comm...i sold my first monster and i got 5 more to try and get to monsters...i was said to see it go as i raised it from 3" aswell and it was 24"+ when it left...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store