Jack Dempsey growth rate?

Jamesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
Whats the growth rate of a small 2-3 inch jack dempsey? Would it be able to keep up with 2 baby oscars?

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
Whats the growth rate of a small 2-3 inch jack dempsey? Would it be able to keep up with 2 baby oscars?
The average growth rate for Jack Dempsey's is like 1/2 inch a month. Most JD are around 6-7 inches at the end of their first year. Oscar grow twice as fast. Most Oscars are around 11-12 inches their first year. If the tanks big enough and have alot of hidding places its possible to have all 3 at the same time however the O's will grow twice as fast wich could mean the JD could become a snack for one of the O's :/

Jamesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
The average growth rate for Jack Dempsey's is like 1/2 inch a month. Most JD are around 6-7 inches at the end of their first year. Oscar grow twice as fast. Most Oscars are around 11-12 inches their first year. If the tanks big enough and have alot of hidding places its possible to have all 3 at the same time however the O's will grow twice as fast wich could mean the JD could become a snack for one of the O's :/
If I get 2 O's around the same size, In a year the 3 inch O's could grow 8 Inches which would On average be 11 Inches. Now, If the Jack grows around 4-5 inches in a year that would make him about 7-8 inches. Yeah, I think I'm pretty safe :)

Fishlover420

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2022
Illinois
Well I just got a 1 year old JD and she or he not sure is 6in if that’s helpful…..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store