Jade Goby pair

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
I've had several jade gobies in my tanks in the past. Have you ever been able to grow one out to over 15"? Mine never got over 10"-11" for some reason.

TheEelKing

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Earth
Never kept one long enough to get that big.
Are they temperamentally different from marbled gobies? From what I've read, they are close in size as adults (marbled gets to around 28" and jade sleeper 24"). What have you kept successfully long term with marble gobies?

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Are they temperamentally different from marbled gobies? From what I've read, they are close in size as adults (marbled gets to around 28" and jade sleeper 24"). What have you kept successfully long term with marble gobies?
Two totally different fish with totally different habits.

Reactions: tlindsey

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Nice fish! Lol...how are they not eating those guppies? Those big guys just eat bloodworms? Must get pricey
They are not predatory fish. After i got rid of the aro that was in the tank I need more active fish so instead of getting more big fish I decided to do guppies, because I know the stock I have could not catch all the guppies. I wanted to test if it would really work so instead of buying a bunch or guppies I started with three females and two males. Got down to one female and I thought it was over, she worked her guppy magic now a couple months later I have close to one hundred guppies in there and I really like the tank now. These jade gobys are pigs the eat worms live and frozen, shrimp live and frozen, tilapia and the love the guppies flakes and first bites powder food.

Reactions: Matteus

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
They are not predatory fish. After i got rid of the aro that was in the tank I need more active fish so instead of getting more big fish I decided to do guppies, because I know the stock I have could not catch all the guppies. I wanted to test if it would really work so instead of buying a bunch or guppies I started with three females and two males. Got down to one female and I thought it was over, she worked her guppy magic now a couple months later I have close to one hundred guppies in there and I really like the tank now. These jade gobys are pigs the eat worms live and frozen, shrimp live and frozen, tilapia and the love the guppies flakes and first bites powder food.

That’s fascinating that they filter feed on First Bites with those big mouths and don’t touch the guppies...lol. I may have to get one. How’s their aggression?

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
20181201_092022-ANIMATION.gif these two aren't really to bad a little male chasing female action, he occasionally pushes the eel and catfish around but nothing serious. Also the gobys and the catfish eat a guppy here and there but not enough to decrease the guppies numbers. All in all I'm very happy I tried this combo really enjoying the progress in this tank.

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store