Jag-town

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
Wouldn't surprise me if you get a pair or two.

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
Miguel;4854185; said:
awesome Jags and shots!

Jags still remain a top fish, imo.

Was Michael, in Germany, any help?
Nope, didn't even reply to my email :(

Thanks everyone!

dlp40

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2007
hopewell,va
wow in one of those last pics i picked out the female real quick. those look a lot different then the ones i see here in the states. Your female has such nice spotting. Great fish.

wickedpayara

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
florida
Hope u have a big tank cause they r gonna get huge
HrHagel;4845100; said:
Picked these up today, as they were just too nice to pass up on, considering i had to look in other countries for them. Then in the LFS someone had JUST brought them in. I was stunned to see them there!

Anyway, unfortunatly the Argentea is being his usual pissy self, and bosses them all around to the point where they all just stay in the top levels of the tank. :(

chris_zx2

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2009
Montreal
Just curious how you tell female and male? I have three jags and at least one is female (egg tube).
The reason I ask is because those all look like males to me?
I always thought the females where more yellow and banded and the males more white with purple sheen and spotted?

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
I flipped them over at the store, as we were boxing them. There are many variants of jags, and you just can't trust sexing from patterns/colors.

chris_zx2

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2009
Montreal
When you flip them over what exactly do you look for? And will doing this affect their behavior because of stress?

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
chris_zx2;4858171; said:
When you flip them over what exactly do you look for? And will doing this affect their behavior because of stress?
If the holes look like this o O with the latter being more rounded and going straight down, it's female. If they are closer to o o with the latter being more pointy and typically pointing backwards, it's male.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store