Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Agreed, he was in a big tank that ran on a 50 gallon sump with two fx5s and a lot of live plants in the sump. We really didn't do big water changes though, about %50 once a week or so. We also fed him a lot (me and my friends were into bass fishing so we routinely had a bunch of crayfish, nightcrawlers, hellgrammites, small bluegill, etc for him to eat. I think a mix of the large tank and feeding him a lot is what got him so big. It was essentially an empty tanm except for a few plants some rocks
If I can find the youtube channel after work I'll post a link to the one with the 18 incher... I dont even think it's in that big of a tank.. 180 gallon at most.. had alot of filtration if I remember correctly... I find power feeding with alot of water changes and good filtration can get any fish larger than what u mostly see... ofcourse the bigger the tank the better

Reactions: AaronKWolfe

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
If I can find the youtube channel after work I'll post a link to the one with the 18 incher... I dont even think it's in that big of a tank.. 180 gallon at most.. had alot of filtration if I remember correctly... I find power feeding with alot of water changes and good filtration can get any fish larger than what u mostly see... ofcourse the bigger the tank the better
Dude said 20-22" like it is normal.
Some Dovii don't hit that in home aquaria

Jags should average 12-14 in home aquariua with good husbandry and filtration anything larger is a feat

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dude said 20-22" like it is normal.
Some Dovii don't hit that in home aquaria

Jags should average 12-14 in home aquariua with good husbandry and filtration anything larger is a feat
If a fish had the potential to hit that size, you should be able to provide the proper care for a fish of that size. Oscars usually hit 12-14 inches, but have hit upwards of 18, theres rumors of them being 20 inches. If you get an oscar, you should be prepared to house an 18 inch fish because they can hit that size

Reactions: Nilsafeller

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
my biggest jags got 14" female and 16" male, smallest tank I would go with is a 145. they are active and very abusive to their tank.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
If a fish had the potential to hit that size, you should be able to provide the proper care for a fish of that size. Oscars usually hit 12-14 inches, but have hit upwards of 18, theres rumors of them being 20 inches. If you get an oscar, you should be prepared to house an 18 inch fish because they can hit that size
I fully support that. All fish should be provided the maximum space possible.
A small wild pond/pool is still a few thousand gallons. Which dwarf even the largest of home aquarium's.

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
I fully support that. All fish should be provided the maximum space possible.
A small wild pond/pool is still a few thousand gallons. Which dwarf even the largest of home aquarium's.
Definitely, the tank I had him in would be a large puddle

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store