January '09 : Another month, another contest!

bigguapote

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
New Jersey
www.tangledupincichlids.com
Let's try for a triple play this time around. Only one correct answer per player for $25 of free fish on your order. There are three chances for three different winners this month! If by chance you happen to know me well enough to know the answers to these questions, please shhhh. I'm looking for new customers please!

So you've taken down the Christmas tree and lights on this New Year's Day. Or not. Maybe you're just too hung over to deal with that #^&* today. Thrown away the '08 calenders and hopefully remembered to copy any important dates from them to put into your new '09 calenders. You know, like friends' and family members' birthdays and anniversaries, your kids' birthdays... Hey, I've got five of them to remember! Some months it's just best to consult the calender before another one sneaks up.

So did you ever notice the dog that's featured in my avatar?
No - THAT'S not the question.

The first question is this:

1) What breed of dog is that?

C'mon all you dog fanciers. Please reply with full name of breed.
I've posted some photos below these questions to review.

Second question:
2) What is this dog's name?

Hint: She shares the same name as the daughter of a certain fish collector I've visited. He's a helluva nice guy who resides in a country who's capital city is located at latitude 34* 51' 29 S, longitude 56* 10' 15 W

Third question begins:
When visiting the above country in question, my friends and I naturally collected fish. I had the unfortunate luck (not) to have caught a couple of fish en mi boca! I slurred the words "no Xxxxxx (name of man who resides in country who's capital city is located at above coordinates and who's daughter shares the same name as the mysteriously named dog of unknown breed in photos), no necesito un dentista! Don't put those pliers en mi boca!!"

3) What is the common or family name (either will do) of the fishes (yes, that's plural, but they were of the same species) that were removed from mi boca?

photos for reference to help with question # 1

two puppy photos (not looking for ID on the shih tzu, thanks)

and two recent photos

liberator177

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
michigan
Is the dog a Karelian Bear Dog?

alleykat0498

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2008
Central Virginia
I dont think she's a shiba, if she is she's not breed specific. Looks kinda like a border collie.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store