Jardini and Geophagus

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried keeping a Jardini Arowana with a group of geophagus red head tapojas?

I know Jars are little agro, and I have my geos in a separate tank from my Jardini (Ms. Bulan). Bulan is about 20 - 21 cm in length, living happily with some SDs.

PS. Ill take some updated pics and video tonight and post them.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/which-arowana.605247/#post-7114488
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried keeping a Jardini Arowana with a group of geophagus red head tapojas?

I know Jars are little agro, and I have my geos in a separate tank from my Jardini (Ms. Bulan). Bulan is about 20 - 21 cm in length, living happily with some SDs.

PS. Ill take some updated pics and video tonight and post them.

Hope this helps until others chime in

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
A Jardini? No, a silver/black? Probably. I wouldn't recommend putting a geophagus in with a Jardini, but if you do decide to, make sure there are plenty of sturdy hiding places for the geophagus to go to should the Jardini go after him.

Reactions: tlindsey

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Thanks guys. Was sort of expecting it, but couldnt hurt to ask and see if someone had experience. Do you think the silver dollars will last with the Jardini?
I can already see my little Jaguar gill flaring at him but the Jar just ignores him for now.

Reactions: Rollokola

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Nice jar, hope it works out long term. Im attempting the same with a little one myself.

From what i understand they are hit or miss. Enough so that imo its worth attempting.

Reactions: mattybecks

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
I wanted a jar for the longest time and still do but only have a 125 and dont see upgrade plans for at least 4-6 years so but good luck.

Reactions: mattybecks

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Nice jar, hope it works out long term. Im attempting the same with a little one myself.

From what i understand they are hit or miss. Enough so that imo its worth attempting.
Yeah I agree. We will never know until we try. He has grown up with the silver dollars, and there are 15 of them so he cant target just one. I will keep you updated though on the happenings.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store