Jardini arowana

Rgac34

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2017
I got my info from many and they all said that a 125 was the min tank size that they would be fine. So I bought the fish and he is in the 125 with the fluval fx4. But now I hearing that the tank is to small. But my landlord told me that my places floor could not handle any more than 125. Plus seeing a tank that is bigger than a 125 in Springfield is not really heard of. Unless you go to bass pro. So now I am going to have to find my Jardini and new home.

Rgac34

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2017
I got my info from many and they all said that a 125 was the min tank size that they would be fine. So I bought the fish and he is in the 125 with the fluval fx4. But now I hearing that the tank is to small. But my landlord told me that my places floor could not handle any more than 125. Plus seeing a tank that is bigger than a 125 in Springfield is not really heard of. Unless you go to bass pro. So now I am going to have to find my Jardini and new home.

banesbane

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2015
United States

I, too, own a 20" Jardini and can say without a doubt that it will not be able to live its full life in a 125. I would say that a 240 gallon is minimum, but that ideally the tank would be at least 30" wide front to back to accommodate the fish once it hits 25"+.

You can grow your Jardini for a while in a 125 just fine, but I'd start looking for a new home for it around the time it hits the 12"-14" mark.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Good rule for any fish 1.5× fishes length in width and 3x in length. So say we call it a 30" fish that's 45"x90" depth is not so important we will call it 30" so 90x45x30= 121,500" ÷ that by 231 (roughly 231 square inches in a gallon) =525gal. But that's just the ideal size based on the fishes best intrest. I'm sure you can go smaller. I mean you would survive in a 500 square foot apt right? You'd be happier in a 3000 Sq ft house though. Just food for though. Stuff we don't always think about in depth. Personally with a fish that size i'd not go any smaller then 72×30×30 around 300g no other fish or decoration. This is exactly why I don't have one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store