Jardini food

Demon012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2016
uk
I recently got a 10 inch jardini arowana , to replace my 21 inch silver arowana that died,, iam struggling to get him to eat, tried a few different foods, any help welcome

Demon012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2016
uk
He does go for food but spits most of it out, tried mussels, prawns, hikari sticks, crickets, I have had him for about 2 weeks now and he is in a 600 litre tank on his own

A-Train

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
Florida
Depending where you got him from he might only eat live foods I know some pet stores tend to feed arowana guppies and goldfish instead of trying to feed them anything else try giving him feeders just to start getting him in the mood to eat don't buy a whole lot just a few to get his appetite going than if he eats that you see his problem to try and get him off that habit what I've done with my past silver arowana and golden clown knife I would put a shrimp or frozen silversides in a container with water from your tank and I will drop the food in from a few inches above the tank so when it hits the water it seems like it's a live and they jump for it immediately after a while you start reducing the height you are dropping them from and eventually you'll get to the point where you can feed them normally and will take whatever you put in the silver arowana I had before used to eat just goldfish because that's how the store had him after 2 months of doing what I said he started eating carnivore sticks and crickets and frozen shrimp and fish best of luck to you don't give up arowana are stubborn at first

Demon012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2016
uk
Yer I know they are hard to get on dry food took me months to get my silver on Hikari sticks,, I got the jardini eating crickets now,, so just have to go through the same procedure,, thanks

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I don't think aros are hard to get off of live. Just starve them. They're greedy fish, definitly won't let themselves starve ime.

Edit: I see this is old now...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store