Jardini thread

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Beautiful fish! I’ve heard that jardini are hard to get in Australia and leichardti are more common there. It’s the other way around here in the states lol
Yeah leis are always coming up for sale I’ve seen bigger jardini going for 600-1000 lately it’s crazy.

note2self

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2014
pac nw
A lot really nice Jardini in this thread. I’ve kept a few in the last few years including one that was sold to me as a “platinum” (it lost the sheen within 2 weeks in the new tank lol). Really awesome fish. I had one that was 16” and extremely inquisitive. A true wet pet. I’ve been looking for a baby to raise for the past year and it seems like no one has them. Anyone have any leads?

Reactions: Rojo1991

Rojo1991

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2017
Louisville ky
A lot really nice Jardini in this thread. I’ve kept a few in the last few years including one that was sold to me as a “platinum” (it lost the sheen within 2 weeks in the new tank lol). Really awesome fish. I had one that was 16” and extremely inquisitive. A true wet pet. I’ve been looking for a baby to raise for the past year and it seems like no one has them. Anyone have any leads?
None that i know of. I’ve heard that both Jardini and leis have been pretty hard to find recently.

Reactions: note2self

Cabinetman 1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
This is my Jardini. He is in with 9 Tiger barbs. I added the Tiger barbs later, he was biting at his tail. The Tiger barbs distract him. He has had issues with eating. Currently doing better, is eating nightcrawlers now. You all have some great looking fish!!

Screenshot_20210630-062636~2.png

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Yeah leis are always coming up for sale I’ve seen bigger jardini going for 600-1000 lately it’s crazy.
1000? Man you got cheap Jardinis! The reason for the price rise is due to the Government making them a no take species, and the breeders have had some crappy seasons.
Dave Wilson at aquagreen has found a golden locality of Jardini, hopefully the next season will be better

Rojo1991

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2017
Louisville ky
This is my Jardini. He is in with 9 Tiger barbs. I added the Tiger barbs later, he was biting at his tail. The Tiger barbs distract him. He has had issues with eating. Currently doing better, is eating nightcrawlers now. You all have some great looking fish!!

View attachment 1483981
Seeing this makes me want to try out some tiger barbs as well! Pretty cool looking setup you got there!

Reactions: Cabinetman 1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store