Java Moss. Q & A

CrypticSins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
Mississippi
Ok, I like Java moss and think that it can be very pretty, but I have heard that it is VERY hard to control and can turn into a problem if it gets rooted into places were it should not be... suck as your filter. Should I be careful when consdiering Java Moss, or just have a field day.

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
once it gets a foothold yeah it can be a problem it can grow every where and once you have it its almost impossible to remove but other then that i love the look of it .
so if you do use keep it mantained dont let it go wild

CrypticSins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
Mississippi
fishnutham said:
once it gets a foothold yeah it can be a problem it can grow every where and once you have it its almost impossible to remove but other then that i love the look of it .
so if you do use keep it mantained dont let it go wild
Cool, thanks!

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
Thanks for the warning

Hakon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2005
Son, Norway
I know someone who place the javamoss at the top of the filter for make it more difficult to see

DiscusMel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Try to bunch some round or near bogwood, it will take
root on the wood after a while and look great.

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
wat i would do is when it starts to get out of hand just bring it to a friends house or give it back to the lfs....or you could make a sweet scarf out of it...lmao...my grandma could make it for u

bobz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2006
Uk
I have moss growing over a small log. In my opinion its great stuff and havn't had problems....yet!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store