Jeremy Wade "Dark Waters"

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Well looks like Jeremy Wade is back with a new show again. After River Monsters ended he came back last spring with "Mighty Rivers". To me that show was a let down. Almost zero fishing in it and it was more of an ecological type themed show. Which is fine but that's not what you tune into Jeremy to see.

So now I just saw a quick trailer for a new show with him called Dark Waters which starts April 21st on Animal Planet. Hopefully this new show has more fishing than Mighty Rivers had.

Reactions: tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've never watched Mighty Rivers.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Glad to hear he’s got a new show. Hope it does well.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I saw it and when one of the Italian fishermen mentioned Silurus, I had a feeling we might be seeing the wels catfish. That was a big one he caught at the end of the show.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
deeda did you catch the show "fish or die" that was on after it? I was hoping that would be a good show because the guys from that show are the same guys that have done all the "Troutbum Diaries" dvd's over the past 12 years which I own and enjoy, but man that Fish or Die was a bit of a let down. It was 54minutes of them traveling and then 6 minutes of fishing :irked:

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Steve, yeah I watched it also and did find it disappointing.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
I haven't heard how it did in ratings yet but if I had to guess I'd wager a bet that it did real well. Jeremey is such a likable guy and with River Monsters being so big I'd think this one probably is as well. I really enjoyed the first season. That 2nd to last episode In Australia was prob my favorite of the season. Crazy how those frogs have just taken over and caused so much trouble.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store