Join 2 Wet Dry Filters together

KNMG

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2006
Tacoma
I have a tank that I acquired fairly recently. 96x30x30. Still dialing my maintenance schedule and w/c routine. Previous owner has 2x 40 gallon wet dry filters joined with one 1.5 inch pipe. Also running an Fx6. Wet dry filters contain filter pads and bioballs. anything I can do to make this setup as efficient as possible. Stock includes 5 Bichirs, 2 15-20" Giant Gourami, 5 large Tinfoil barbs and 5 Silver Dollars. I'm still learning with this big tank, sumps etc. Want to keep fish healthy and happy.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a tank that I acquired fairly recently. 96x30x30. Still dialing my maintenance schedule and w/c routine. Previous owner has 2x 40 gallon wet dry filters joined with one 1.5 inch pipe. Also running an Fx6. Wet dry filters contain filter pads and bioballs. anything I can do to make this setup as efficient as possible. Stock includes 5 Bichirs, 2 15-20" Giant Gourami, 5 large Tinfoil barbs and 5 Silver Dollars. I'm still learning with this big tank, sumps etc. Want to keep fish healthy and happy.

If you stick to a %50 wc every week and maintain the FX6 and change out the poly pad when needed you should be fine. Also check parameters every week .

Reactions: markstrimaran

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
can you post a pic of the filters? I agree the above could work easy peezy but you could also do something cool with it too. Pics = ideas. There are lots of ways to improve on tethered setups. They can be downright awesome

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store